Frequently Asked Questions
- I am exercising, eating right, and taking care of myself. Why may I not be improving?
First of all, I commend you on your hard work and continued diligence in seeking answers that lead to success. Health requires not just doing healthy things but doing them in the order that leads optimal success. Just like building a house, you need foundation first and successive steps for a complete product. Imagine if you built the roof first, then installed the windows, then painted. The outcome would fail. At AHS we begin with the foundation of your health, the spine – everything else will be built upon that. And that foundation is QSM³.
- Why is QSM³ the foundational component to this order for success?
There are hundreds of chiropractic methods. QSM³ is a corrective method that uses 3D data of the whole body to correct and restore symmetry and balance. This centered position allows the body to be Tensegral (Up and Open) like a spring. This is the position for your body’s maximum health. It restores:
- Optimal power (nervous system) – reduces vertigo, TN, seizures, provides your body with the power to heal
- Minimizes muscle tension – tension that causes pain, spasms, trigger points, headaches, and fibromyalgia
- Balances all joints – minimizes arthritic conditions, sports injuries, and spinal pain and degeneration
- Decompresses the vital organs and diaphragm – leads to increased energy and function
- Increases blood, oxygen, nutrition and removes harmful toxins
So as you can see in the figure 1, the compression state of a misaligned spine. The spinal cord, all the joints, and the body are collapsing. If not corrected and stabilized first, your overall health results will not be corrective or long term.
- I have been to many different doctors and natural healthcare practitioners without long-term results. What makes your approach different?
There are two rules in health care:
1: Structure dictates function.
2: A symptom indicates your body is incapable of healing optimally, or it is weak and overloaded.
Imagine a 20 pound brick on your head. At first you get neck tension, and then over time a headache, then a little longer and the joints start compressing (resulting in joint damage such as arthritis, scoliosis, etc.). Other practitioners may:
- Attempt to mask the pain, by prescribing drugs to make your brain think the pain is gone
- Treat you using an electric stimulator, or other palliative therapies
- Massage the area
None of these resolves the underlying cause of the pain – the spinal misalignment. None of these even attempts to learn what is causing the pain. At AHS, we remove that stressor first (the brick), then we rehabilitate the area with our symmetry and infusion process. This corrects the structural cause and then heals the area by opening and restoring healthy blood supply to the compressed and inflamed area. Remove the brick then heal the body. This is corrective care, because it corrects the problem.
- My back used to hurt only when I worked in the yard, for instance. Now it hurts almost all the time. Why do I keep getting worse?
Unfortunately as we age we weaken. So the issues you have today will only increase over time unless they are addressed now. Most people start with medications that only toxify and attempt to mask the symptom – that’s palliative care. What this actually means is those toxins weaken us further. Think about it. Pain is the way your body tells you there’s a problem. If all you do is stop the pain, the problem is still there – and it’s only going to get worse if you don’t fix it. Stopping the pain is not stopping the problem. It’s like sticking your finger in a dike to hold back the water – it may stop it for the moment, but that hole is still there. All these medications over time allow the disease process to actually accelerate and break down at a faster rate. This can only reduce your ability for corrective long term healing.
- Why can’t I hold my adjustments?
This is always a two-part answer. First you must “be truly corrected and balanced” to hold a correction. QSM³ is a restorative 3D procedure. It is gentle, light and never forceful or twisting. Its focus is to restore 3D balance to empower and reduce the stress on the whole body. It is synergistic. This means it works with the body to restore health gently and effectively. It is the only chiropractic method that evaluates the whole body with data to measure the correction and its results. The second part is the body needs good energy to hold this position. That is why we have the symmetry and infusion stages of the Success Plan©. The body is an energy system. If it is weak it cannot hold a good correction. Empowering the body is a necessary aspect of the healing and recovering path. Its protocol is to reduce toxicity, empower the body, and balance the muscle system (myofascial envelope) to maximize your ability to hold and heal.
“Better than 90 percent of the energy output of the brain is used in relating the physical body in its gravitational field (posture). The more mechanically distorted a person is, the less energy available for thinking, metabolism and healing.“ Roger Sperry, PhD. Medical Nobel Prize winner for brain research
- Why is the Success Plan© so important?
Postural imbalance causes compression of the whole body system. This reduces blood, oxygen, and nutrition. It also increases toxins throughout the whole body. Our Success Plan© is designed to correctively optimize results:
- QSM³ corrective postural balance
- Restore symmetry in the muscle system – NMT, passive AHS stretch protocol
- Infuse specific nutrition and detoxification – NRT
- Stabilize and maintain- Core balancing
- Empowerment – wellness coaching specific
Empowering the human body by correcting the cause, nourishing the degenerated areas, and empowering the nervous system is the true success plan objective that we have spent many clinical hours improving for your success. A true health approach corrects and empowers the body. Success will never occur through symptom therapies or a toxifying medical approach. That is why you are here today. Be active and correct, empower yourself through the Success Plan©.
- Why will it take time and consistency?
The symptom is the last thing to come and the first thing to go. That means well before you felt a symptom, your body had been breaking down over time. Much as in a car, the front was out of alignment when it hit a pothole, but, it took 10,000 to 20,000 miles of asymmetrical wear before the symptom of the flat tire occurs. Health is the same way. For corrective results, healing must occur with time and consistency. Start that process of healing today.